Monday, May 18, 2009

Vintage love

The crochet ban has been lifted! Actually, it's been off since Friday evening, when I whimpered and whined until my husband said, "oh go crochet something." I think I might have a problem...

Hello. My name is Carrie and I'm a crochetholic.

During my time not crocheting last week, however, I took the time to troll Etsy for vintage hat patterns. Enter, Baby Dee, a vintage pattern collector after my own heart. Sadly, she does not sell hard copies of her beloved patterns, but she makes fabulous e-copies of them and sells them for a very, very nice price which no one will ever miss from the joint bank account... Ahem. If you like vintage crochet and knit, stop in and say "hi" to Baby Dee.

Anyway, I am now in possesion of several fine hat patterns, one of which is a heavenly little fedora that I have been working on since the ban was lifted. I blame PennDOT for it not yet being finished as I was trying to work on it while travelling down the Turnpike this weekend (not recommended). I also made the mistake of trying to mod the sizing mid-project, which is never a good idea, and had to frog back several rows. It's a little over halfway done, though. Hopefully I can find someone with a small head to wear it. Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment