Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fashion Show hats #5 and 6

Two more hats! And with only two more days until the show, it's a good thing, too.


The Garden Cloche: pink wool cloche with mohair flowers accented with pearly buttons, cashmere/angora leaves, and vintage bird pins. I absolutely love this one - probably my favorite cloche so far.


Feather Cap: black wool hat with upturned rear brim, a luxuriously long ostrich plume, and a vintage circle pin.

The bridal headpiece is finished, and it's going without the veil because I just don't have time to deal with that tiny clear thread I was using. Eventually I will complete a successful crochet veil, but not before Saturday.

Back to work! I'm going to try a bucket hat our of mohair/acrylic yarn and see if it's substantial enough to hold shape. Hand felting tutorial IS coming soon, I'm just trying to organize my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment