Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So the blog fell by the wayside this past week and a half, but in my defense I was extremely busy in the non-virtual world. I volunteer at our local art gallery, Studio B, and we decided to paint the entire space, including the ceiling, between shows this time. I must say, it looks stunning, but we are all so sore and tired now!

The gallery director also encouraged me to enter a piece in our next juried show, Terra Firma, which opens this Friday (May 29) from 5-7:00 p.m. with a wine and cheese reception. So guess who was up until 4:00 a.m. trying to meet the deadline? Ooh, pick me. And, miraculously, my recycled fiber tree sculpture juried in (barely).

Today we hang the show, then hopefully I will finish up some of these hat projects I've been working on here and there between everything else these past two weeks. I have a sun hat almost finished. Now, if only these clouds would go away and give me a decent day to photograph my work...

No comments:

Post a Comment