Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apocalypse now?

We may be gone, but my hats will remain: "Felt, Beloved in High End Design..." by Andrea Silenzi. What would you like to see felted?

The fashion show on Saturday went fabulously well: all the seats were sold, the models were lovely, the accessories were vibrant, and the ladies had an enjoyable time. I believe all three of us artisans represented also made some sales and were very encouraged by the evening as a whole. We may stage another event in the fall, just as traditional hat weather is kicking in...

This week my husband is making me take a break from all crocheting and hat making, about which I am both grateful and grumpy. Grateful, because I really do need a break. Grumpy, because I have all these wonderful ideas for hats and I have to wait to make them! I will hopefully have more spring/summer toppers on the way next week, including my new hemp and jute sun hats and cotton buckets, which got good reviews at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment