Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tutorial love

More love from Tara at handmadeinpa.net! Click here to see. I should make a quick note here, though, that my tutorial isn't technically "wet felting," it's actually "fulling." Wet felting is a technique that uses un-crocheted/-knitted roving. Just so there's no confusion :-)

"Art of Distinction" this weekend was rather a bust; nothing sold from anyone in the Alabaster's Collective, at least not as of 3:30 on Sunday when I left my shift at the show table. If anyone knows of any upcoming craft/art shows that might be more receptive to my work, I'm all ears.

Handed off my traveling scarf at our Stitch n' Bitch meet on Sunday and was pleased to find that the knitting ladies were not truly offended by my crochet lace "meanness" (I really didn't think they would be). We're always up for a needle arts challenge!

This week I am taking another much-needed break from crochet and am instead baking my heart out and researching needle felting. Must find me some felting needles, yessiry...

No comments:

Post a Comment